Friday, September 19, 2008

Still Getting Bothered

I discussed an item written about myself in the previous blog entry. But what I didn't mention, was that I had also posted a response to it! Here's what I wrote back (September 14th, 2008 at 9:22 am):

Hi David,

I wrote about this very entry, in my blog (See: “Getting Bothered”).

For the record, I wasn’t able to read your Medway-transcribed post, because I’ve been unable to access the forum. Seems the whole damn website bit the dust.

Nonetheless, if you want me to read it, I’d be happy to. And if I have any queries about it, I’d be happy to raise them up with you!

Fairly straight forward.

Or so you'd think.

My comment elicited the following response from David himself (September 14th, 2008 at 1:54 pm):

I have allowed your comment, Overseer. However, it will probably be a ‘one off’ as I do not wish to discuss Highgate, ‘vampires’ or ‘him’ on here.
This is supposed to be about my ‘boring’ life in the present i.e. NOW! So I somehow don’t think it would suit you!
This does not mean you cannot ask questions or make comments. I do not believe in censureship of that kind.
But it does mean that I want to avoid Highgate and anybody connected with that time.
That is why I said I somehow don’t think it would suit you!

However, we can always try, I suppose. Its just possible you may have some other interests in life! Welcome anyway. Albeit a very cautious one!

I found this response a tad off-kilter, so in case you don't get to see it, I responded to that item, too!

As of this writing, it's pending moderation (September 18th, 2008 at 4:40 pm):

David, I find that response kind of ingenuine, since your blog is laced with items about the Highgate Vampire and “Bonky”.

Hell, look what this very blog entry discusses!

Alluding to allowing my response to be posted here (”I have allowed your comment, Overseer. However, it will probably be a ‘one off’ as I do not wish to discuss Highgate, ‘vampires’ or ‘him’ on here.”) even though it directly deals with the blog entry you posted…and then going onto say that you “do not believe in censureship of that kind”, well, it seems a tad bit narky.


You'll also note that he didn't even repost the Medway-transcribed response!

The question is, why would David suddenly clam up on such discussions, when he has no qualm incorporating mentions of the vampires ("Quite an Eventful Day", "’till Tororrow") or "Bonky" (his petname for Sean Manchester; "“Not At All, David”", "So That Still Stands", "Truly Shattered"), when he incorporates them into multiple blog entries already?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails