Monday, May 10, 2010

Zero Tolerance?

I uncovered the double standards held by the Arcadia forum Moderator in the previous post.

Recently, Andrew himself posted up a stern warning the participants in the Highgate Vampire thread:
I would like to start by thanking everyone for their contribution on this part of the forum.

At the same time, I have asked the moderator to manage this thread differently than the others, with zero tolerance for bickering and personal attacks.

I don’t care who started it – end it now please or you will be banned.

Thank you.
In light of the somewhat shady and incredibly selective interpretation of "personal attacks" by the Moderator (despite the Forum's clear "House Rules") I'm somewhat apprehensive about Andrew's post. That's one reason why I decided to share the content of this post and the previous one: quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if I wind up banned from the forum.

Not for "personal attacks", mind you. I try and avoid those as much as possible. But for the Moderator's tunnel vision. For instance, why was Barbara allowed to get away with calling "Venator" a "ladyboy"?

Why was David arrogantly, hypocritically and deceptively allowed to insist that I and "Venator" are the only people "making personal insults" against other members, and then (ironically) follow it up with attacks on intelligence?

Sure, Andrew's post hadn't been posted then. But jeez, what about the damn House Rules? You know, the same ones the bloody Moderator wrote!

So, in the aftermath of Andrew's post, it's gonna be very interesting seeing how the Mod handles these two.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails